Welcome to the #1 Bronco Raptor Forum and Bronco Raptor community dedicated to Bronco Raptor owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Bronco Raptor Forum today!

Chip shortage forces Ford to cut production of the Bronco, F-150, Explorer, and Mach-E

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/04/chip-shortage-forces-ford-to-cut-production-of-f-150-bronco-suv.html

“The global semiconductor shortage continues to affect Ford’s North American plants – along with automakers and other industries around the world,” Ford said in an emailed statement. “Behind the scenes, we have teams working on how to maximize production, with a continued commitment to building every high-demand vehicle for our customers with the quality they expect.”

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford is stating that eight plants will be affected in the US and Mexico. It will shut down a lot more than that. Ford's Engine and Transmission plants will shut down too, plus a lot of suppliers. Unofficially, I heard Lima Engine was down 70+ days last year due to the chip shortage. (Lack of demand and engine racks)

OHST

Reactions
Ford is stating that eight plants will be affected in the US and Mexico. It will shut down a lot more than that. Ford's Engine and Transmission plants will shut down too, plus a lot of suppliers. Unofficially, I heard Lima Engine was down 70+ days last year due to the chip shortage. (Lack of demand and engine racks)
Do you know if this is a continuing thing? From what I've read they are just shutting down for a week at each US plant?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
One article I’ve read said the chip shortage will affect the first quarter of 2022.