Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Lowering Spring Change up.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Hey guys anyone here used the Lethal Performance springs.

I have Steeda now and am looking for a bit more drop.

I don't tow or go off pavement, so I am looking for the best drop while keeping the 21-inch stock wheels.

Thanks.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
i personally would go with a top tier mfg like H&R.

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
I'm in the same boat. Been looking at either H&R or the Eibach sets.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey guys anyone here used the Lethal Performance springs.

I have Steeda now and am looking for a bit more drop.

I don't tow or go off pavement, so I am looking for the best drop while keeping the 21-inch stock wheels.

Thanks.
I have Lethal springs installed and went with them for a few reasons. There were only 3 manufactures at the time with springs, Steeda, H&R and Lethal.

Steeda's drop wasn't low enough for what I was looking for.
H&R was low enough but had coil binding.
Lethal was low enough with no coil binding.

My first set of rear springs from Lethal didn't have the correct winding on the bottom causing them to shift to the side and make noise against the lower control arm. They have revised them ans I have the initial test set that has corrected that problem. I am please with the drop and ride control.

Eibach has progressive springs like H&R and will encounter coil binding. Unlike H&R, the Eibach kit does come with noise isolators on the rear springs where they will bind up..

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
@Cajun Heat:. Have you taken measurements? I think the early samples weren't any lower than H&R?

I love my Steedas, even though the drop is modest--but it is a little ridiculous that I have to replace them after just over 3 yrs because of rust issues. was going to Eibach but gave Steeda another call and they let me buy just the affected rear springs for a reasonable cost. kudos to them. I have noticed some sagging in the past 3 yrs also. Just makes me think to go Tier 1 supplier next time around. have not had any issues with H&r or Eibach in the past. coil bind is by design and I don't see it as an issue.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
@Cajun Heat:. Have you taken measurements? I think the early samples weren't any lower than H&R?

I love my Steedas, even though the drop is modest--but it is a little ridiculous that I have to replace them after just over 3 yrs because of rust issues. was going to Eibach but gave Steeda another call and they let me buy just the affected rear springs for a reasonable cost. kudos to them. I have noticed some sagging in the past 3 yrs also. Just makes me think to go Tier 1 supplier next time around. have not had any issues with H&r or Eibach in the past. coil bind is by design and I don't see it as an issue.
Hey @Cdubya! From center axle to fender is 17" for the front and 17 1/2" for the rear. You are right. The early production of Lethal springs were not any lower than H&R but I'm good with the height.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
My H&R’s sit at 17” front and rear…and there’s nothing wrong with coil bind, they’re designed that way. Also never heard a single spring related noise in the 80K+ miles they’ve been installed.

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts